Just a quick note…
I encountered an issue while configuring Canon’s ULM v18.104.22.168 (Universal Login Manager): there is an issue with compatibility for Microsoft Office 365 email when enabled. When ULM is disabled, however, regular scan to email works without any issues.
I made sure all the communication settings were set correctly on the machine, through the RUI:
- Server: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587 (set at the machine in Svc Mode Lvl 2)
- Correct username and password for authentication
After spending a decent amount of time checking over and over again the settings and experimenting with different port numbers, I decided to try Google instead of Microsoft. I replaced the settings above with:
- Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 25 (set at the machine in Svc Mode Lvl 2)
- Valid Gmail username and password for authentication
And this ended up working when ULM was enabled or disabled. Apparently this works for all other email services providers except for Office 365. This is rather strange. Hopefully this is a bug and will be addressed in v22.214.171.124.